How to Connect Your Maytag Appliance
Step by step instructions to connect your smart appliance
- Download the Maytag® Mobile App.
- Create your own Account.
- Select Add Appliance .
- Scan the QR code on the appliance label or manually enter the SAID and MAC.
- Select your product type and model number.
- Press and quickly release the Wifi Connect button on the appliance.
- Do NOT hold the button, this will put the appliance in the wrong mode. If your appliance says to "Hold 3 sec.", please ignore.
- In the app, select your network and enter your passphrase (if your home router has a choice of frequency bands - be sure to use the 2.4GHz band router name)
- A screen will appear that says "Connecting". These 4 steps can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
- During this process, lights on the appliance will blink. This is normal. Once the appliance is connected, it will end on a solid white light.
- Name your appliance and start using the remote features.
- Remember to press the "Remote Enable" button when using these features.
Open the Maytag® app, add your appliance and follow the guided experience to get up and running quickly.*
*Connection method not compatible with all routers. You may be prompted to try other connection methods. Appliance must be set to remote enable. WiFi & App required. Features subject to change.
Download the app
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the basic home router requirements?
Check your router for each of the following:
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz Band IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Security: Security WiFi Protected Access WPA2
- Network Support: IPV4 Minimum.
I can't connect my appliance. What should I do?
- If you are having trouble connecting, first check to see if your appliance is in the correct mode.
- If you see a countdown display on the appliance, it is in the wrong mode.
- Power the appliance off. and then turn it on again.
- Press and quickly release the Wifi Connect button. Do NOT hold for 3 seconds, even if the button says to do so.
- Return to the app to complete the connection steps.