Learn how to remove grass stains, step by step. These stain removal tips will help you get your clothes clean. Always check and follow your appliance and product use and care instructions before beginning any task, as it should be your primary source of information.
Grass stains on your family’s clothing can seem like a daily occurrence, especially during the summer. But don’t let grass stains prevent you from thoroughly enjoying the outdoors. Follow our step-by-step guide to learn how to get grass stains out of jeans, white clothes and more.
HOW TO REMOVE GRASS STAINS FROM COTTON & COTTON/POLY BLENDS
Good for: white clothes, lights, darks, jeans, towels, sheets
HOW TO REMOVE GRASS STAINS FROM POLYESTER, SPANDEX & NYLON
Good for: white clothes, lights, darks, active wear
- Rub an enzyme detergent1 directly on the stain. Gently work into the fabric fibers.
- Wash in the hottest water safe for the garment with an enzyme detergent.
HOW TO REMOVE GRASS STAINS FROM WOOL, SILK, LINEN, RAYON & ACRYLIC
Good for: sweaters, blouses, sheer fabrics, swimsuits
- Mix a mild detergent3 in cool water then add the stained garment.
- Gently squeeze the soapy water through the garment to help release the stain.
- Wash in the warmest water safe for the garment. A color-safe bleach can be used to further help with removal if safe for the garment.
TERMS TO KNOW FOR THIS STAIN REMOVAL GUIDE
1. Enzyme detergents target stains such as blood, food stains, grass, and others. These are most commonly liquid formulations but powdered formulations are also available. Check the label of your detergent to see if yours contains enzymes.
2. Oxygen bleach is an alternative to traditional chlorine bleach that is generally safe on colors. It’s colorless, fragrance-free and comes in either a liquid or powder form.
3. Mild detergents tend to be formulated for delicate fabrics or sensitive skin. The labels often indicate that they’re fragrance-free or gentle on skin.
get more tips for tackling laundry
Learn more about how to get blood out of clothes with our helpful guide.
These stain removal tips will help you get your clothes clean. Learn how to remove chocolate stains from clothes.
Learn more about how to remove ink stains from clothes with this step-by-step guide.