USE RINSE AID FOR DRIER, CLEARER DISHES
Rinse aid is a drying agent that helps improve dishwasher drying performance and reduce water spots on dishes. It only needs to be refilled once every several washes. Many all-in-one detergent packs contain small amounts of rinse aid, but regular liquid rinse aid should still be used.
WHAT DOES RINSE AID DO?
Rinse aid is dispensed during the final rinse of the cycle to help water run off dishes and the interior of the unit, promoting better drying. This reduces the formation of water droplets that leave behind spots, as well as streaks and white residue.
MORE WAYS TO GET DRIER, CLEARER DISHES
- Load dishes so they’re slanted and not touching. Learn the right way to load a dishwasher with this guide.
- Try to reduce the amount of plastic in a load.
- Check the detergent packaging to make sure you’re using the right amount.
- Select a heated dry setting. For instance, the PowerDry option on select Maytag® dishwashers uses heat, plus a powerful fan, to deliver 60% better drying.1
- Unload the bottom rack first and leave plastic items for last.
GET MORE IN-DEPTH DISHWASHER INFO
Get step-by-step instructions and tips on maintaining your dishwasher filter.
Find out what could be causing your dishwasher to clog and learn how to tackle it head on.